Tuesday, 30 June 2009

What an amazing day! :)

Well, I was planning on a detailed blog entry about my adventures of meeting up with a couple of other AUK people, and the various happenings that have been going on. However, things have been a bit crappy for me lung wise and I don't quite have the energy for it, for now - so I must just make a briefer post first!


On Saturday, I met up with some family friends who have been over from the US and went for a daytrip to London. We'd booked tickets for Waiting for Godot, utilising the theatre's 'Accessibility' rate to get accesible seats without needing to go up all the steep steps (and most of the West End theatres don't have much going in the way of lifts!).

Was quite cool, as this meant we got two tickets in the stalls (one for me, and one for my 'assistance provider'(!?!!) for only £17 each, instead of the usual £50 something. This certainly compensated for the fact that all 4 of us had to buy stalls seat tickets in order for us to be able to sit together, whereas if I'd not had my mobility issues - we'd have bought cheaper tickets higher up in the theatre. We found a member of staff on arrival, and they took me in via the stalls exit door, directing me via an (almost) step free route to some rather good seats, with close access to a disabled loo had we needed it!

The play was fantastic, as was to be expected I suppose. I'm a bit of a fan of Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, so anything with these two playing the main characters was likely to be a hit! Afterwards, the 4 of us slowly wandered round to the stage door, on the off-chance we could get the autographs of any of the members of cast. We did a bit better than we could have hoped for; getting photos and autographs from the four main cast members! :)


Patrick Stewart



Ronald Pickup



Sir Ian McKellen




Simon Callow



What an amazing day.

4 comments:

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

Awwwww that looks fab - I'm glad you had a great time. I've met PS as well (this is my name dropping bit LOL) as he's the chancellor (or VC) at the uni I went to. He goes in sometimes to meet with students. And I live round the corner from where he was brought up.....its nothing special LOL.

Joey Paul said...

Sounds like a great time :D

Joey Paul said...

I hear you're in hospital again...hope you feel better soon..

Joey Paul said...

If I disappear it's because I'll be internetless for a few days/weeks while the new phone line gets installed :D