Far from being an admission of defeat against my long battle with brittle asthma and other health challenges.... it's in submission to continuous nagging!
.....After over two years of repeated episodes of finding myself 'Stuck at the Wrong End of the Stethoscope' - I've finally given in to all those of you who've repeatedly made comments like 'You could write a book'!!
So - my answer.....The Blog! Given my geeky nature, it seems an ideal method....(and as all who know me, know my laptop is virtually as an essential item for any hospital admission as my toothbrush or medication!)
I've lost count of those well meaning comments from friends, colleagues, patients and strangers alike - who all pipe up with 'Well, I'm sure you'll be a better doctor for your experiences....'
This is no doubt true - but I think possibly the cost:benefit ratio might have lost the battle in my eyes a while back........ ;o)
Anyway - so I'm twittering on towards the end of the first post in my blog 'Stuck at the Wrong End of the Stethoscope' This blog will be a collection of my random mumblings and wheezings of my experiences.... I hope that it is an interesting read, and provides a small insight into the workings of me, my mind and what makes me 'tick', and the interesting perspective that comes from being able to see health care from 'Both ends of the Stethoscope'. I hope this may also provide a useful insight for patients and health care professionals alike....
Comments and suggestions willingly received :)
KSD

No comments:
Post a Comment