I was allowed off the ward this lunchtime with a friend... small steps of independence, and towards escape.
...We ventured up to the hospital restaurant for a change in both scenery and food.
The restaurant is on the top floor - and provides pretty impressive panoramic views of around the hospital site and into Derbyshire. Generally the food on offer is pretty good - I had a freshly prepared Beef in Black Bean Sauce Stir Fry with Rice and Prawn Crackers.
However, neither of us were very tempted by the 'Soup of the Day':

I'm not exactly 'wetting' my tastebuds with anticipation of that one....
..... but I'm being adventurous tonight..... I'm bored of the standard hospital steamplicity menu (after 11 months of virtually continuous admissions - even the good choices available become repetitive) - tonight I ordered Minced Lamb with Okra, Spicy Vegetables with Rice and Peas.... off the Afrocarribean ethnic menu.... after a delicious experience of Ackee and Saltfish, Spicy Veg and Rice yesterday......
My food has just arrived....
.... Brinjal & Potato, Chana Dal & Rice..... not exactly what I ordered.... or even from the same continent.... but, smells and looks delicious nonetheless!

No comments:
Post a Comment